Saturday, April 30, 2016

Take the Battle Off the Ground

Good morning from gorgeous Kentucky! I have some things on my heart today that i am excited to share with you! that being said, let's just dive right in, shall we?
   I have a lot of friends in a lot of different places, and on social media (yes, i get that we don't know those people as well, but we tend to share more on social media than many of us do in real life :O). I moderate two groups on facebook, and i have listened to quite a few women, and you know, many of us face similar issues. Many of us feel trapped in various different circumstances beyond our control. The enemy loves to make women feel trapped and unfilfilled. Nothing makes a woman more anxious, angry, frustrated, overwhelmed than when she feels trapped and unfulfilled, especially if she does not see the light at the end of the tunnel. When this scenario is where you are, you begin to feel hopeless, and you respond from that hopelessness and the fear and anger and frustration that go along with it. This spills over to our husbands, children, families, and friends, creating almost like a principality. I am not judging you for where you are. I am only now seeing some of this as the attack it is upon women and their families and am in the process of facing it head on and tearing down this stronghold or principality myself. So i just want to speak into this, if i may, for a bit.
   God revealed an area in my life recently, in which i was bound by fear. I felt so trapped and hopeless by the things others were doing that affected me and i saw no way through it or around it, and nothing i was doing seemed to be working. I was afraid i would never make progress in my life, never achieve my dreams. When He revealed this fear and removed it from me, and the truth was presented to me that by using the right keys, i can tear down principalities that are over me, it was like a whole world opened to me. You see, it was the belief that others can control my success in life that had me bound to fear! I knew that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, but against spirits. I knew that i could do warfare and tear down strongholds in my life, but i didn't realize that by using the correct keys, i could also tear down the strongholds that bind others around me and influence me!
   For example, lets say there is someone in your life, perhaps your husband or a son, who struggles with anger, and can fly into a rage at the drop of a hat. If you believe you have no power or authority over this, you will feel like a victim; you will feel trapped! When we feel trapped, we will do one of several things. 1. We will fight back, creating more anger and abuse. 2. We will run, which gives that anger more control. 3. We will react in some other way that isn't healthy. Any of these ways will result in giving the anger more room to grow and become more serious and abusive.
   HOWEVER!! Listen to this. If you realize you are not fighting flesh and blood- in other words, you are not fighting a person, but a spirit of anger- you can remain in love to the person you love, while you attack the spirit of anger by disarming it. Dis-arm means to remove the power from something. So if you know the way you usually respond is to run in fear, you need to stand up to it, but in love. If your reaction is normally to repond back in anger, you need to respond calmly, with respect, and appeal to the person's emotions without anger or fear lacing your words. We need to listen to God- he will give us wisdom, but the important thing is disarm it by not responding in a way that gives in power.
   This is only one way we tear down principalities. Another major way to do so, is when we realize we are fighting a spirit, we know we can pray against that spirit, by asking God's Spirit to come and bring light to the situation. We have so much power when we realize we are not fighting people!
   When we are no longer living out of a victim mentality, but realize our power, we are allowing Jesus to fight our battles! We can save our breath and energy for important things, and let go and let God fight our battles for us. What freedom! I hope this empowers you as much as it did me. You are not a victim! Go forward in who you are today, Mighty Warrior Princess!

No comments: